Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: American Girl Place Chicago

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MorningStarsGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2004
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like you have a good plan already!
    The Museum of science & Industry is a must. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I lived about 30 miles outside of chicago from Jan '03 to Jul '03 and that was absolutely my favorite place(besides AG place!). Hope you have a great time. I envy you at being able to visit Chicago. I loved it [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rothsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2004
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, I have been the the Science and Industry many times already and I KNEW she would love that! It is one of my favorites. I was just not sure whether or not there was any place else. It has been years since we have been to the zoo! I am interested in hearing more about the popcorn place.....anyone know the name? Also, how late are the things open on Navy Pier. I cannot remember what all there is to do there in the evening. I remember a ferris wheel? Thanks!

    Gret

  3. #3
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I was in Chicago, we went to Navy Pier during the day. Besides the ferris wheel we also drove these little go-carts around on the side of the water where the bikers and runners are. It was really fun! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gotta love search engines. I put in "Oprah popcorn" and got it! It's Garrett. http://www.garrettpopcorn.com/main.htm We walked from AGP to the Michigan Ave. shop and it wasn't far.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Navy Pier is open pretty late at nights-they have fireworks at 9:30 on Wednesday and 10:30 on Saturday nights. We are not too fond of the Pier. Not very good shopping and the restaurants are always soo crowded. Riverwalk in New Orleans is so much better IMO. We love the Children's Museum there, though, and it's free on Tues.(?) after 5 or if you have a membership to a related museum (MSI or others).

    We recently went to Millenium Park for the first time-it's very nice!

    Have a great time, Chicago is such a beautiful, clean and friendly city!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Janabanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If it's nasty (cold and rainy)on Friday night you might want to try Shedd Aquarium or Hansen Planetarium. They are right there on Lakeshore Dr.
    Also Rain Forest Cafe is easy to get to and a fun alternative place to eat! It's right next to Hard Rock Cafe if the girls are older. Bith have great food! Have a great time! If you get the chance to see the musical play at A.G.P. definately do it! It's wonderful!
    ~ Jan ~

  7. #7
    Inactive Member lovethosedolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Take everyone's advice and do the museums and Navy Pier. I haven't been since I was a teenager, (which really hasn't been too long ago)and it's great. You learn a lot of stuff. And of course, you can always walk (or ride) down Michagan Ave and do window shopping, and save your AG money! [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mominwestlake2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2002
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aquarium is great but expensive. Museum of Science and Industry super. If you have a local science center it pays to have a pass. It will get you into the Chicago Science Center for free and even the Children's Museum too. Depending on the age of your kids, the Children's Museum is another great place. Free days are great, because they are free, but they are also crowded. Have fun. I'm jealous!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rothsix's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2004
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello: Another listmember and I are meeting in Chicago with our daughters. I am familiar with the city somewhat, but she has NEVER been. I am driving down from WI and she is flying up from NC. Any ideas on where I should take them? We are planning to go to Navy Pier Fri. night and then spend most of the day at AGP on Sat. In the late afternoon, we are going to the Licoln Park Zoo and to dinner at Uno's. On Sun., we are going to the Museum of Science and Industry before going to the airport late afternoon/early evening. Does anyone have any other or better ideas for us? We are trying to keep teh cost down a bit so that we have $ to shop!!! And, we are stying at the Wyndham, which is also $. Thanks for the help!

    Gret

  10. #10
    Inactive Member sharlit's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    293
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, sounds like you have plenty already! I only spent a day in Chicago, but I really enjoyed walking through Millenium Park. The artwork is really interesting. The video fountains are so cool! And it's completely free.

    My mom would recommend the popcorn place. I can't remember the name of it. Starts with a G, I think, and Oprah likes it. Can anyone help me out here? You're supposed to get the cheese and caramel mix. Sounds gross but it's actually really good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •